I don’t sleep a lot, maybe 4 hours a night, or 6 on a really good night.
Don’t worry about me. I’ve been doing this for years.
Actually, I exercise at night. If you add up the distance my mind wanders at night, I bet I do three marathons a night. Pretty good for someone who can barely walk a mile without Huff and Puff tagging along.
I’m not sure why but this morning I began to wonder about the things I wonder about in the middle of the night.
- Why, upon awaking in the middle of the night, do I immediately calculate how much time I have left to sleep when I know I’m not going to sleep anyway?
- Did I teach my children, who are both grown with families of their own, about the dangers of digging to China?
- Will I remember to grab the note from the coffee table that I need at work tomorrow, and knowing that I won’t why don’t I get up and put it in my purse now?
- Did I remember to let the dog out to pee?
- Do I even have a dog?
- What is today and do I really have to get up at a specific time tomorrow?
- Do I have enough time to take something to put me to sleep and still wake without a hangover tomorrow?
- What if I simply drink the tequila? Is there enough time for that?
- There’s always time for tequila.
- Is this the year we go to or register for EBWW?
- Where are EB’s clothes?
- Why does my body jerk and wake me up when I am almost asleep?
- Do I have Alzheimer’s?
- Did I eat dinner?
- Do I still have time to eat before I sleep or is it too late?
- What would I want to eat if I had time to eat?
- Can you have ghosts in a house that has only been occupied by one family – yours?
- Have I paid any of the bills this month?
- Why can’t I stop singing ‘In the Middle of the Night’?
- Is my heart beating too fast? Too slow? Not at all?
- Why do I have so many questions but never have the answers?
- I don’t want to get up and pee but I really need to.
- Is the window open too wide? Will a creep come in when and if I ever go to sleep? Will I be able to locate my pistol quick enough to end the creep’s advances?
- Did I feed the stupid dog?
- Do I have a stupid dog?
- Why didn’t I get that stupid dog?
- Why won’t that barking dog STF up?
- Will I fall asleep and miss going to work tomorrow?
- What have I forgotten to do, to think, to make, to whatever?
- Will I ever remember what I’ve forgotten to do, to think, to make, to whatever?
- How can I pay with Apple Pay if I don’t have an iPhone?
- Why would I want an iPhone?
- Can I bird watch at night?
- Do I have extra printer ink?
- Why am I thinking about printer ink?
- What time is it in Australia?
- Where is Clay and why didn’t the motion detecting cannon stop him?
- What would Mabel and/or MayBelle do if they couldn’t sleep?
- Where I Aunt Maybelline and her juice when you need her?
- Can I have just five more minutes of sleep before I get out of bed?
From the life and mind of Wanda M. Argersinger
© 2015 All Rights Reserved