I’ve been feeling grumpy these past couple of days. Grumpy to the point of actually confessing to being in a pissy mood. I can’t tell you why, and that’s not because I’m secretive, it’s because I don’t know. This morning all of that is going to change. When I opened my e-mail I read a missive from my friend Joanne Lee. She has nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger Award.
The rules of acceptance state that I must post seven little known facts about myself and nominate seven additional people for this award. I’ve never participated in chain mail, threatening e-mail, or any other kind of mail that means I have to work for something. But hey, there is an award involved here. Give me a break.
So here goes:
1) I only give gifts that I would give to myself. So if you have ever received a gift from me.. (hint, hint)
2) I am not really a funny lady or a great writer. I only record the voices I hear in my head. There are so many and so little time.
3) I currently have 4 sizes of clothes in my closet – and they are all mine.
4) Scarlett O’Hara and Marilyn Monroe and Jody Worsham are my heroes. Each for different reasons. (Oh, okay. Only because I am supposed to be honest, Scarlett for her take no prisoners attitude; Marilyn for her sexuality; Jody for her never ending energy and determination to give her children the best experiences possible and her knack for making the ordinary hilarious)
5) I am addicted to lipstick. No I don’t eat it. I just never leave home, the office, the bathroom, the beach, the pool, the shed, the gym, the attic, without it.
6) I don’t really go to the gym.
7) I did participate once in a recipe chain e-mail thing. That was back in the 90’s (yes we had e-mail then) and the only recipe I remember is some stupid gazpacho that I’ve never tried.
And now for my nominees:
- Dawn Weber –Lighten Up Weber – One funny lady who knows and creates funny shizz.
- Rose Valenta – Rosie’s Renegade Humor Blog – No one can take politics and stick it back in their ear with such finesse.
- The Bearded Iris (aka Leslie Marinelli) – keeping us hip to what’s happening in places we don’t care about. Seriously, you can’t read her stuff without Depends.
- Clay Mercer – In Pursuit of Happiness – someone had to sneak a man in here and I couldn’t think of a better example of a man and a great blogger and friend
- Angela Weight – Sanity Waiting to Happen – you have always been one of my go to bloggers for a laugh. Please come back.
- Joanne Lee – The Nuts and Bolts of Life – love the new blog, flip cards and all the rest.
- Jody Worsham – The Medicare Mom – my hero, writing partner, Mabel, Maybelle, and one great Mom. (I hope those kids know just how great you really are)
A very special thanks to my friend Joanne for including me in all the fun. You put a smile on my face, took away the bad mood, and made the day a little brighter for a lot of people. (See my nominations 1-7).
From the life and mind of:
Wanda M. Argersinger
© 2012 All Rights Reserved